I just wanted to pause and thank so many who have touched my life as a writer and personally as I’ve worked to launch this dream this far. It’s so easy in life to be too busy to say thanks, so I’m pausing here to do just that.
I’m excited to work with Johanna Maaghul with Waterside Productions Literary Agency. This opens a new chapter for the books, with hopes for getting them into kids’ hands via a traditional publisher.
Thank you all for your considerable support, enthusiasm, and being part of the team blessing us with your prayers and good thoughts during this process. Here are just a few who’ve made such a huge difference:
- Brilliant Cut Edits – to my wonderful editor Deirdre Lockhart who brought more Technicolor into my descriptions and sizzling suspense into every twist and turn of the mystery. What a pleasure!
- Marcia Ramsland – for branding me with “Live A Resilient Life™” and so much help with making my expertise in being resilient applicable to others, and kicking off my platform with me.
- Amanda Rooker – for great insights with the proposal process and meetings at Author 101.
- Sandra Byrd – wonderful mentor in the Craftsman course, with special expertise in reaching young adults.
- Kathy Tyres – who mentored me in the Fiction That Sells course and believed in the idea in the first place.
- Sally John – my dear writing friend and fellow wildfire survivor, whose insights and encouragement have brought me so much hope and whose characters only convey a corner of her special heart.
- Sara Ella – the best critique partner and YA author friend, who made me love hoodies and helped keep my outlook youthful for my audience.
- My critique group – who saw early portions of the gnomes and helped me to find Jessop’s voice.
- My wonderful young readers – who enjoyed the process with me and brought portions to life through their eyes, in a way no adult could really do. And with green markers, too!
- My wonderful husband – who believed from the first daydream until today in Jessop and his friends, has been my first editor and greatest supporter, next to my super kids who never get tired of trying new scenes with me.
- My ACFW friends locally and on-line who keep me motivated and have believed in the story. It’s a great community of writers if you’re interested!
There are so many more, especially those who’ve prayed for every bit and our family during this process. Thank each and every one of you! Looking forward to more good times to come and resilient stories for us all.